At Boxmoor we believe in:
'Achieving Success together'
At Boxmoor Primary School we aim to provide a happy, caring and stimulating learning environment where our children achieve the very best they are capable of. We prepare our children to become confident, enthusiastic, secure individuals with a positive attitude to learning. We promote an inclusive and responsible community, where our children enjoy coming to school and all members of the school community feel valued and respected.
How do we strive to achieve our vision?
Our staff and governors are committed to achieving the aims and aspirations of the school. We strive for EXCELLENCE through:
- Providing a warm, welcoming, stimulating and secure environment for all members of the school community.
- Ensuring consistently high standards in teaching and leadership.
- Providing a broad, balanced and exciting curriculum and a diverse range of learning opportunities for all our children, whatever their ability.
- Celebrating all achievements of our children, encouraging them to aim high and to be proud of their success.
- Building strong collaborative partnerships between parents, staff and governors and encouraging parents to be fully involved in the education and development of their child.
- Meeting the emotional, intellectual, physical, social and spiritual needs of our children,
- Promoting curiosity and creativity, encouraging our children to become independent thinkers.
- Supporting our staff, enabling their continuous professional development and encouraging them to transmit their enthusiasm for learning to the children.
- Working in close partnership with our local community, promoting sustainability and respect for our diverse society and an appreciation of our place in the wider world.
- Promoting the health and wellbeing of our children, encouraging them to adopt healthy lifestyles.
- Developing our children’s understanding and respect for their own and others’ beliefs and cultures so that they become responsible, tolerant citizens.
- Seeking to ensure that when our children move on to their secondary schools they are confident, self-disciplined individuals who will lead happy and rewarding lives.
- Nurturing our children on their journey through life so they can grow into safe, caring, democratic, responsible and tolerant adults who make a positive difference to British society and to the world.
Our Vision was created in consultation with the Governors,
Staff, Parents and Children of Boxmoor School
At Boxmoor, we ensure that fundamental 'British' values are embedded throughout the school. These values are:
- Rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect and tolerance
This can be seen throughout the school. For example, all classes have collaborated in creating our Rainbow rules which set out the standards of behaviour for all children in Boxmoor. The school council are elected by their peers and meet regularly with staff, each other and their classmates to ensure that the pupils are heard! Values of respect and tolerance are at the forefront in all that we do whether it is: on the sporting field; learning about different religions or interacting with peers and adults. We celebrate success in all areas and take pride in our achievements as well as in the achievements of others. Above all, we are proud to be brilliant Boxmoor!
Boxmoor's Rainbow Rules
Respect all members of the school community and each other
Consider the needs of other learners when moving around school
Be ready to learn
Be responsible for your own learning
Strive to do your best
Inspire each other
Be proud to be Brilliant Boxmoor!